The career service council shall have and exercise the powers and authority provided by state law.
- The career service council shall consist of three members.
- Members shall be appointed by the manager.
- No more than two members may be registered members of the same political party.
- Members shall be United States citizens and shall be actual and bona fide residents of the State of Utah and the county for a period of not less than one year preceding the date of appointment.
- Members may not hold another government office or be employed by the county.
Members shall serve staggered three-year terms. Terms expire on June 30. A member of the career service council may be removed by the manager for cause, after having been given a copy of the charges against him or her and an opportunity to be heard publicly on the charges before the County Council.
Chair and Quorum
The career service council shall select one of its members as chair. Two or more members shall constitute a quorum.
The career service council shall have subpoena power to compel attendance of witnesses, and to authorize fees where it deems appropriate, to be paid at the same rate as in justice court.
Members shall receive compensation at the rate of $100 per day for each day or part thereof they are in session.