If you are conducting business within the unincorporated area of Tooele County you will be required to get a Tooele County Business License.
The cost for a business license is:
- Residential Business License: $30 + $5 per Employee
- Commercial Business License: $50 + $5 per Employee
If the business is not conducive with the zoning, you may be required to get a Conditional Use Permit from the County Community Development department for an additional $100 fee.
- New Business License Application – Online
- Renew Business License Online
- Download the Application for Event License
- Selling tangible items? Download the TC-69 Form – Sales and Use Tax Application (This link will take you to the State of Utah website)
If you already have a business license through another existing municipality within Tooele County (ex. Tooele City, Grantsville City), please fill out the online County Business License Application and upload a copy of your current city business license in order to be considered to receive a County Business license at no cost.
All business licenses expire June 30th. Business licenses must be renewed online prior to the June 30th expiration date.
If you are an employee of a company selling door to door, you will be required to get a Solicitor’s Badge. This badge will have your picture and the dates the license is valid. Please submit a Bureau of Criminal Identification background check which was completed within the past 12 months, along with a completed Solicitor License & Badge application. The fee for each Solicitor’s badge is $20.