Are you looking to open a business in Tooele County? You’ve come to the right place. All business conducted within the unincorporated areas of the county require a Tooele County Business License. Here is some important information you need to know:
- Businesses must be registered and licensed with the State of Utah. Please include your State License number on your County Business License Application.
- Businesses selling tangible items must have a Utah Sales Tax ID. Obtain your Sales Tax ID # by completing the TC-69 form. Please include your Sales Tax ID # on your County Business License Application.
- All Commercial Businesses and Residential Businesses that have customers visiting the property must submit to a Fire Inspection. Please request a copy of the fire inspection checklist by calling 435-843-3140. You will provide this form to the Fire Marshal at the time of your inspection. It is recommended that you ensure all fire inspection requirements are complete before applying for your Business License, as inspections typically occur within 1 week of your application date.
- Businesses such as Nail Salons, Spas, Hair Salons, Massage, Food Production using meats or raw milk products, Daycares and Preschools must submit to a Health Inspection by the Tooele County Health Department.
- If your business is not conducive with zoning, you may be required to obtain a Conditional Use Permit from the County Community Development Department for an additional fee. You will be contacted if this is a requirement for your business.
- All Business Licenses expire on December 31 of each year. You will receive an email when it is time to renew.
Ready to Apply?
Complete our online Business License Application.
Business License Renewal
Do you already have a Tooele County Business License and need to renew?
Will you be selling beer or liquor at your business? Here is some important information you need to know:
- Businesses must be registered and licensed with the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Services. If you have not already done so, please register here.
Event Organizer Licenses
Are you organizing an event in Tooele County? Here is some important information you need to know:
- Event Organizer Licenses are $30 and expire 1 year from the date of issuance.
- If vendors will be attending your event, you must register your event through the Special Events Unit of the Utah State Tax Commission. You are required to provide a vendor list to the Utah State Tax Commission. To register your event visit this site.
- If you are holding your event in a County Municipality or a County owned facility such as Deseret Peak or Benson Grist Mill, you may be subject to their fees as well.
Event Vendor Licenses
Are you a vendor attending an event in Tooele County? Here’s some important information you need to know:
- Event Vendor Licenses are $30 and expire 1 year from the date of issuance.
- For each event you attend in Tooele County, you must have a new Temporary Sales Tax License and Special Return from the State of Utah. It is good for only one event, and you must submit this information to the Event Organizer. Apply here.
- If you are selling home-made foods, you must have a Cottage Foods Establishment permit. You can apply for that permit here.
- If you are selling tobacco or nicotine products, including e-cigarettes or vape, you must have a permit through the Tooele County Health Department.
- You will be subject to a fire inspection upon entry to the event.
- If you have a current event license through another Tooele County municipality, such as Tooele City or Grantsville City, please fill out the Event Vendor Application and then contact the Clerk’s Office at (435) 843-3140. You may qualify for a free Tooele County Event Vendor License.
Are you working for a company as a Door-to-door salesman?
Solicitors must have a Solicitor’s License and Badge. Here is some information you need to know:
- A Solicitors License & Badge are $20 and expire 1 year from the date of issuance
- The Business you are working for is required to be licensed through the State of Utah. The Businesses State License ID is required on your Solicitors License Application.
- Proof of ID and a Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification background check is required. The background check must have been completed within 1 year. You will not be issued a solicitor’s license if you have been convicted of, or are currently charged with, certain felonies or misdemeanors; you are currently on probation or parole; you have an outstanding arrest warrant; you are the subject of a protective order; or a civil judgment has recently been entered against you involving fraud or misrepresentation.