Children’s Justice Center Advisory
The Tooele County Children’s Justice Center Advisory Board is established and organized for the purpose of advising and assisting the Tooele County Justice Center Director, staff and volunteers in the implementation of a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, nonprofit, intergovernmental response to sexual abuse and serious physical abuse of children. The Board may adopt such rules and regulations for the conduct of it’s meetings as it deems proper.
The number of members of the Board shall not be less than twelve. Each Board member shall hold office until their successor has been appointed by the Tooele County Commission unless they are removed, are not re-elected or resign in accordance with the provisions of the by-laws. Members of the Board shall include the following:
- The Tooele County Attorney or a designee.
- The Tooele County Sheriff or a designee.
- A Tooele County Commissioner or a designee.
- A licensed nurse practitioner or physician or a designee.
- A licensed mental health professional or a designee.
- A criminal defense attorney.
- A Guardian ad litem or representative of that office as designated by the Director.
- A representative of the Division of Child and Family Services – designated by the area supervisor of the Tooele County Office.
- A Chief of Police representing Tooele and Grantsville each or their designee and any other municipality that should request one seat per each entity to be reviewed by the Board.
- Not less than four (4) members of the community that represent the areas of Grantsville, Tooele City and Tooele County.
- The Tooele County School District Superintendent or a designee.
- An Assistant Attorney General as designated by the Utah State Attorney General.
- One (1) Friends Board member as recommended by that Board.
- The Director of the Tooele County Children’s Justice Center or a designee who shall serve in an ex officio position.
- A Juvenile Court Judge or a designee who shall serve in and ex officio position.
The members of the Advisory Board who serve due to elected office shall remain members of the Advisory Board so long as they hold the elected office. The initial term of office for all discretionary appointments to the Advisory Board shall be for a term of four (4) years. Appointees shall serve not more than two (2) consecutive four (4) year terms to comply with Tooele County ordinances. All members of the Board, with the exception of the Director, the Juvenile Court Judge and the Board Chair, shall have full voting rights pursuant to Section 67-5b-105(2) Utah Code Annotated 1953, as amended. The Board Chair will vote only in the case of a tie.
Meeting Schedule and Location
Children’s Justice Center, 36 S. 100 E., Tooele, UT 84074
Scott Broadhead, Chair
Tooele County Attorney
Children’s Justice Center Director
Tooele City Police Chief
Tooele County Sheriff
Tooele County Chief Deputy
Grantsville City Police Chief
Tooele County Council
Tooele City Council
Children’s Justice Center Friends Board Chair
Division of Child and Family Services
Tooele County School District
Tooele City Council
Bear’s Ears Child and Family Therapy
Safe and Healthy Families