The County Clerk manages elections, candidates and voters, including registration information and polling locations.
Due to current conditions related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, jurisdictions nationwide are beginning to adopt vote by mail as an option. Click on the link below for more information.
Voter Registration is open to all Tooele County residents that are:
- Citizens of the United States
- Residents of Utah for at Least 30 days prior to Election Day
- At least 18 years old on the day of the election
- Residing at the address where they are registering
By Mail Registration Deadline
Voter registration forms must be postmarked at least 30 days before an election in order to be eligible to vote in the upcoming election.
In-Person Registration and Online Registration Deadlines
For the August 10, 2021 Primary Election, the last day to register will be July 30, 2021. This includes in-person (by appointment only) and On-line Registration. There will be registration and address changes on election day.
Information About Your Voter Registration
Online Voter Registration
When to Re-register
Voter registration is valid for life, unless you
- Change your name, or
- Wish to affiliate with a different party or
- Your record is made inactive if you don’t vote in 2 general elections
Tooele County is a “Vote By Mail” County, which means that every voter who is registered will be mailed a ballot. Ballots will be mailed out the week of July 19, 2021. Voted ballots must be postmarked no later than August 9, 2021 in order to count in the Primary Election. If you do not want to mail your voted ballot, you may drop your ballot in any of our Ballot Drop Boxes. To see a list of Ballot Drop Boxes please click on the above tab “Where do I vote?“.
Last day to request a replacement ballot (If Voter Has Not Received Original) will be August 3, 2021.
If you will be out of town for the election, you can fill out a “Voter Alternate Address Request Form” to have your ballot sent. If you already have an alternate address on file with us there is no need to fill out the new form.
Check Your Registration
To ensure you receive a ballot, make sure you are registered and your mailing address is up to date. Please visit vote.utah.gov to determine if you are registered, or to check that your voter registration is current.
CANDIDATE FILING DEADLINES 2021
Qualified Municipal and Metro Township Candidates
Official Candidate List on Website
Last Day to Qualify as a Write-in
Last Day to Withdraw Candidacy and Have Name Removed from Ballot
June 1 – June 7
2021 FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE DEADLINES
All partisan candidates must report contributions and expenditures according to the chart below:
|Report Name||Due Date|
|Primary Election||August 3, 2021|
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Lieutenant Governor’s Office provides candidates with the opportunity to submit a candidate profile for the website, VOTE.UTAH.GOV. Your profile includes biographical information, a picture, and a short statement.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY PROFILE?
- Visit the website, VOTE.UTAH.GOV. Select the button “Resources for Candidates, Political Groups and & Parties” at the bottom of the page.
- After being directed to a new page, select the option “Submit candidate profile.”
- You will be directed to the UtahID portal. If you do not have a UtahID account, you must create one to proceed. If you already have a UtahID account, simply log into your account.
- After creating your UtahID account, you will be prompted for a PIN number. To obtain a PIN number, select your name in the dropdown menu then check your email.
- After selecting your name in the dropdown menu, you will receive an email with your PIN number. Your PIN number will be sent to the email address that you provided on your declaration of candidacy. It will not be sent to the email address of your UtahID account.
- After receiving your PIN number, enter it into the website and click “Submit.”
- After entering your PIN number, the website will prompt you to enter your candidate profile. After you are completed, click “Submit for Approval.” You have the ability to save and edit your profile before the deadline.
WHEN CAN I SUBMIT MY PROFILE?
- Primary Election Candidates
Must be submitted by 5:00 PM (Mountain Time) on June 28, 2021
Please note that these deadlines are established by law. As a result, late submissions and edits cannot be accepted.
Do you need assistance with your candidate profile? Contact the Utah Lieutenant Governor’s Office at
(801) 538-1041 or email@example.com. Open Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (state and national holidays excluded).
Notice of Election and Filing Period
Tooele County election officials depend on reliable, dedicated teams of poll workers to make every Election Day run smoothly. Poll workers are essential to ensuring that the elections are a success. Becoming a poll worker is one of the most rewarding ways citizens can become involved in the election process.
Tooele County Election Results
General Election November 3, 2020
November 3, 2020 General Election – Canvassed Results
November 5, 2019 General Election – Canvassed Results
November 6, 2018 General Election – Canvassed Results
November 7, 2017 General Municipal Election – Unoffical Results
November 8, 2016 General Election – Canvassed Results
November 3, 2015 General Election – Canvassed Results
November 4, 2014 General Election – Canvassed Results
November 5, 2013 General Election – Canvass Results
November 6, 2012 General Election – Canvass Results
November 8, 2011 General Election – Canvass Results
November 2, 2010 General Election – Canvass Results
November 3, 2009 General – Canvass Report
November 4, 2008 General Election – Canvass Report
November 6, 2007 General Election – Canvass Report
November 7, 2006 General Election – Canvass Report
Candidate Profiles/Ballot Issue Information
For information about Candidates and Ballot Issue Information go to Vote.Utah.gov.
Council District Maps
The division of the county into council districts is required by the change in county government approved by voters in the November 2018 election. Click on the link below to view the maps.
Council District Maps
Interactive Voter Map
Follow the link and type your address in the “Enter address” field.
Mobile Polling Locations
There will be no in-person polling locations for the 2020 General Election, only a mobile polling location at the Deseret Peak Complex from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Election Day, November 3, 2020. This location is specifically for the disabled, people who did not receive a ballot in the mail whose information is correct, or other emergencies, however, everyone is welcome. There will be signs showing you where to go to pick up your ballot. It will be exactly like the one you received in the mail. There will be a place you can park your car to fill out your ballot and then drop if off in a ballot drop box as you exit the property. We’re calling it “Take Out Voting”! You stay safe and so do your poll workers! There will also be Early Voting at the same location on October 22, 23, 29 and 30 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM each day.
Please make sure to bring your valid voter ID.
October 22, 23, 29, 30 – 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM each day
There will be no in-person Early Voting locations for the November 3, 2020 General Election, only a mobile polling location at the Deseret Peak Complex. Again, you will receive a paper ballot, exactly like you received in the mail. There will be a place you can sit in your car and fill out your ballot and then drop it off in a ballot drop box located on the property.
Ballot Drop Box Maps
- Grantsville Ballot Box Location
- Stansbury Park Ballot Box Location
- Tooele City Hall Ballot Box Location
- Tooele County Ballot Box Location
- County Wide 2012
- Tooele County Voter Precincts 2012 Focus 24×36
- Tooele Valley Voting Precincts 2012 Focus 24×36
- Tooele Voting Precincts 2012 Focus 11×17
- County Wide Local School Board Districts 2012 24×36
- Tooele County Local School Board Districts 2012 24×36
- Tooele County Local School Board Districts 2012 Focus 11×17
- Tooele County Local School Board Districts 2012 Focus 24×36
- Stansbury Park Voter Precincts 2012 Focus 24×36
- Stansbury Park Voting Precincts 2012 Focus 11×17
For printed copies of maps, map options and cost, please contact Bret Beede, Tooele County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Department.
Email: Bret Beede