The mission of the Tooele County Auditor’s Office is to heighten public trust in county government by advancing a countywide financial accounting system that:
- Ensures taxpayer funds are used efficiently and prevents fraud, waste, and abuse of county resources.
- Advocates and implements financial best practices and internal controls.
- Provides accurate financial advice, information, and leadership critical to county decision-making.
Auditor’s Office duties include Budget Officer, Clerk of the Board of Equalization, and other financial duties.
- Prepare annual audit and other comprehensive financial statements, prepare weekly warrants, reconcile general ledger, assist all departments with accounting duties, track state and federal grant programs, record and track county fixed assets, and monitor county purchasing.
Budget Officer Duties:
- Assist county departments in establishing annual budgets, process all budget and line-item adjustments, monitor bond liabilities, present annual budget to council, and prepare and submit all state budgetary requirements.
Assessing and Collecting Duties:
- Administration of tax abatement program, assist other local entities in setting annual tax rates, issue annual tax valuation notices, and conduct annual real property tax sale.