Passports are currently only being processed with an appointment. If you arrive unprepared or if you are late for your appointment, you may have to reschedule.
U.S. Passport Book – The Passport Book is valid for travel by air, sea or land.
U.S. Passport Card – The Passport Card is valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only.
NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL BY AIR
Passport Services will not be able to meet its usual processing time of 6-8 weeks for routine service. Customers should expect significant delays, approximately 2-3 months, to receive their passport and citizenship evidence documents.
Information needed for both the Passport Book and Passport Card:
- Original or Certified Birth Certificate or old passport
- Children under 16 must have birth certificate and expired passport/card if applicable.
- 1 photo with white background
- Utah Driver’s License or State issued ID*
- Children under 16 need both parents signatures and ID
*For out of state ID, please call the Clerk’s Office for additional requirements.
- Passport photos are available at the Clerk’s Office for $10.00
Breakdown of Passport Fees
2 SEPARATE PAYMENTS REQUIRED
(1) Payable to: U.S. Department of State *check or money order only*
|Adult||Under 16 Years|
|Book & Card||$140.00||$95.00|
(2) Payable to: Tooele County Clerk *cash, check, debit card, credit card*
- All Applicants – $35.00
Passport Applications need to be signed in the presence of the Clerk’s office.
*To check application processing times please go to:
- Travel.State.Gov , U.S. Department of State Website
Passports issued within 15 years need to be completed by mail.