An appointment is strongly encouraged for processing passports. Read instructions below. If you arrive unprepared, you may have to return to the office at a different time. Please, no walk-in services after 4:15pm.
US Passport Book
The Passport Book is valid for travel by
air, sea OR land.
THIS IS THE OPTION MOST FOLKS SELECT
US Passport Card
The Passport Card is valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only.
NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL BY AIR
Passport Services will not be able to meet its usual processing time of 6-8 weeks for routine service. Customers should expect significant delays, approximately 2-3 months, to receive their passport and citizenship evidence documents. *To check application processing times please go to: Travel.State.Gov
Information needed for both the Passport Book and Passport Card:
- Original or Certified Birth Certificate or old passport
- Children under 16 must have birth certificate and expired passport/card if applicable.
- 1 photo with white background (we can take this photo for you in office for $10!)
- Utah Driver’s License or State issued ID*
- Children under 16 need both parents’ present to sign in person and to show Utah IDs
*If your current ID is outside of UT, please call the Clerk’s Office for additional requirements
- Passport photos are available at the Clerk’s Office for $10.00
Breakdown of Passport Fees
2 SEPARATE PAYMENTS REQUIRED
(1) Payable to: U.S. Department of State *check or money order only* – Yes, it MUST be a paper form of payment (no cash accepted)
|Adult||Under 16 Years|
|Passport Book only||$130.00||$100.00|
|Passport Card only||$30.00||$15.00|
|Both Book & Card||$160.00||$115.00|
|Total w/Expedited Services||$209.53||$179.53|
(2) Payable to: Tooele County Clerk *cash, check, debit card, credit card*
- All Applicants – $35.00
Passport Applications need to be signed in the presence of the Clerk’s office.
Passports issued within 15 years need to be completed by mail. We can help you assemble the DS-82 application! You’ll also need a new photo ($10 in our office).