The building that now houses the Donner-Reed Museum was originally home of the Grantsville First Branch. This museum houses many memorial artifacts surrounding the Grantsville area, including relics from Native Americans and the Donner-Reed Party which passed through the area before crossing the Great Salt Lake Desert in 1846 while en route to California. The old cornerstone from the Grantsville 2nd Ward, which was located on Church Street, was moved to the Donner-Reed Museum. The recreation hall of the old church remains standing today and houses “The Ivy Garden” dinner theater. also at the Donner-Reed Museum is an old pioneer log home and the community’s first jail made of metal.
Location: On the corner of Cooley and Clark Streets in Grantsville.
Continue to Grantsville Fort >>