The Human Resources Department of Tooele County is charged with the responsibility of administering the personnel system in a manner that will provide for effective implementation of the following merit principles:
- Recruiting, selecting, and advancing employees on the basis of their relative ability, knowledge, and skills, including open consideration of qualified applicants for initial appointment;
- Provision of equitable and adequate compensation;
- Training of employees as needed to assure high-quality performance;
- Retention of employees on the basis of the adequacy of their performance, and separation of employees whose inadequate performance cannot be corrected;
- Fair treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, age, or disability, and with proper regard for their privacy and constitutional rights as citizens;
- Provisions of information to employees regarding their political rights and prohibited practices under the Hatch Act; and
- Provision of a formal procedure for processing the appeals and grievances of employees without discrimination, coercion, restraint or reprisal.