Marriage licenses and passports will be processed for Tooele County residents only.

REQUIREMENTS To Obtain a Marriage License in Tooele County
  • Both applicants need to appear in person.
  • Must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Must present valid picture ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, State ID)
Minors Ages 16 – 17:
  • Must appear accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
  • Certified Birth Certificate (issued by the State).
  • In the case of divorced parents, the parent must provide proof of guardianship (court papers) to be attached to the application.
Minor Age 15:

A Petition for Authorization to Marry and Court Order form must be obtained from the Clerk’s Office and taken to the Juvenile Court Judge in addition to requirements for minor ages 16-17.

Application Requirements
  • Full names, including the maiden name of the female
  • Social Security numbers
  • Permanent addresses
  • Date and place of birth (State)
  • Complete names of parents, including the maiden name of the mother
    Birthplaces of father and mother (State or Country)
  • If this is a 2nd, 3rd, etc., marriage due to divorce, on the application you must provide the month and year the divorce from the previous marriage was final
ADDITIONAL Information:
  • Licenses are valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. Licenses can be used anywhere in Utah.
  • License fees may be cash, check, credit or debit card.
  • The fee is $50.00 for a marriage license (includes 2 certified copies that are mailed to the customer).
  • The fee for additional certified copies is $2.00 per copy if purchased at the time of purchasing the license.  (Certified copies are needed to change the brides last name on any legal document.) if purchased later, the first copy is $7.00 and $2.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.
  • Marriages performed by appointment only.  The fee for a marriage ceremony is $50.00 during business hours and $75.00 after business hours.

Want to save time?

Print the application and bring into the office.

Marriage License Application