ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE – BATES CANYON ROAD
Work is projected to begin May 2, 2022 and be completed the first week of June 2022. See map for Detour Route.
- Utility Work Installation
MORMON TRAIL PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE PROJECT
The Tooele County Roads Department will be making various repairs to the Mormon Trail Road from Mile Post 1 to Mile Post 20. The Project is projected to begin on March 15, 2022 and be completed by the end of June. Work will occur between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Asphalt failure repairs throughout the month of April.
- Crack seal and bump grinding in May.
- Chip seal and re-striping between June 1st and June 29th.
Please be advised that traffic may be stopped for short durations and the speed limit has been reduced to 25 mph in the work zone. Thank you for your patience.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) has begun work replacing CCTV equipment in various locations in Tooele, Salt Lake, and Summit Counties. This project will improve incident detection and emergency response, improve travel information for commuters, tourists, commercial vehicles and provide data needed for more responsive and efficient snow removal.
- Work is projected to being March 21 and be completed by the end of May.
- Work is projected to occur during the day between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- I-80 between mileposts 11 to 187 in Tooele, Salt Lake, and Summit Counties
- SR-32 at mileposts 19 to 23 in Summit County
- SR-196 at milepost 16 in Tooele County
- SR-199 at milepost 0.0 in Tooele County
- SR-224 at milepost 4.7 in Summit County
- I-84 at milepost 119.6 in Summit County
- SR-150 at milepost 50.9 in Summit County
- SR-36 at milepost 18 in Tooele County
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Shoulder closures may occur Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lane closures are expected along I-80 between milepost 60 and 150. Please check back for dates/times for upcoming lane closures.
- Sunday work may occur occasionally throughout the project – please check the project website for updates.
- Dates and times of construction are subject to change based on weather and equipment availability.
- Please travel slowly through the construction zone and follow posted sign.