U.S. Passport Book – The Passport Book is valid for travel by air, sea or land.
U.S. Passport Card – The Passport Card is valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only. NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL BY AIR.
Passports take approximately 4-6 weeks. An expedited passport will take approximately 3 weeks. “At agency” passports can be obtained in 8 days by appointment only. For an “at agency” passport, the passport application must be hand carried to the San Francisco or Denver office, after the application process is completed in the Tooele County Clerk’s office. The validity of both the Passport Book and Passport Card is 10 years for adults 16 years and older, 5 years for minors under 16.
Information needed for both the Passport Book and Passport Card:*
- Original or Certified Birth Certificate or old passport
- 1 photo w/white background
- Utah Driver’s License or State issued ID
- Children under 16 need both parents signatures and ID
*For out of state applications, please call the Clerk’s Office for additional requirements.
Passports issued within 15 years need to be completed by mail.
Breakdown of Passport Fees – 2 Separate Payments Required
(1) Payable to: U.S. Department of State *check or money order only*
|Adult||Under 16 Years|
|Passport Card||$ 30.00||$15.00|
|Book & Card||$140.00||$95.00|
*Expedited service for the Passport Book is an additional $60.00 per application plus $15.89 overnight, return mail fee. The Passport Card cannot be overnighted back at this time.
(2) Payable to: Tooele County Clerk *cash, check, debit card, credit card*
- All Applicants – $35.00
- Photos are available at the Clerk’s Office for $10.
Passport Applications need to be signed in the presence of the Clerk’s office.
*To check application processing times please go to: Travel.State.Gov , U.S. Department of State Website