All Tooele County employment applications must be fully completed and submitted by 5:00 p.m. on closing date indicated in the job posting; positions advertised as open until filled are subject to closing without notice. Applicants are required to apply for a current opening only, no applications will be accepted without a vacancy for that position.
Supporting documents such as resumes and reference must be received in Human Resources Office prior to the job closing date. Please limit the supporting documents to five pages. Identifying information, such as name, address, or phone number must be included on supporting documents separately.
Tooele County Human Resources
47 South Main Street, Room #308
Tooele, UT 84074
Fax: (435) 843-3158
Email: tadams @tooeleco.org
For questions or assistance please call (435) 843-3157 or visit the Tooele County Human Resource Office 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday, excluding holidays.
Applications must contain current dates and accurate information. As the applicant, you are responsible for updating information that changes, including address, employer, references, education, and criminal background.
Minimum qualifications are the minimum amount of education, experience, and licensure you must possess to be considered for the job.
The Pre-Employment Process
After you have been through the interview process, your references are checked and you have been given a conditional offer of employment.
The next step means the educational and criminal background checks, driving record requests and drug screening. The Bureau of Criminal Identification, located at 3888 West 5400 South in Salt Lake City, Utah, does criminal background checks. You will be asked to contact the Human Resource Office to schedule a time for your orientation.
Other Required Forms of ID
- A social security card for payroll purposes
- Right-to-work proof includes a passport showing U.S. citizenship or employment authorization, alien registration card, state-issued driver’s license or ID or Military ID card AND a social security card, birth certificate or INS authorization
Benefits Information Needed at Orientation
- Full names, birth dates, and address of each family member that will be included on your insurance with Tooele County.
- Other Insurance Information – if you are already covered by an insurance carrier and plan to keep it, we will need the name of that carrier to assist our insurance carrier in coordinating benefits.
- Full name, birth date, and address of two people you will designate as beneficiaries to your Utah Retirement System Pension Plan and 401K as well as you life insurance policy.
- Name, address, and phone number of a person we can call for you in case of an emergency.