Welcome to the CROWN Program
CROWN (Credit-to-OWN) was created by Utah Housing Corporation (UHC) in 1993 to provide homeownership opportunities to working Utah families across the State of Utah. UHC has built over 313 CROWN homes around the state in partnership with local housing authorities and non-profit housing providers.
UHC is an independent public corporation of the State of Utah. UHC’s mission statement is “Serving Utah’s housing needs through finance and innovation”. CROWN is one way UHC accomplishes this goal.
CROWN addresses the needs of people who find that rent is too high, places aren’t available, and/or poor credit prevents from purchasing a home.
CROWN is a 15 year rent-to-own program. The home is available for purchase by the household living in it when the home reaches the end of a 15 year compliance period. The home is available for purchase at a discounted price.
The local partner for this project is:
Tooele County Housing Authority
The Owner of this project is:
CROWN at Clark Cove, LLC
Location of project:
659 S 1050 W and 663 S 1050 W – Tooele
314 E. Clark Street and 318 E Clark Street – Grantsville
Rent to Own Homes
672 S. 1050 W., Tooele, Utah
658 S. 1050 W. Tooele, Utah
518 Newmark Drive, Tooele, Utah
762 W. One O’Clock Drive, Tooele, Utah
1012 S. Morning, Tooele, Utah
397 E. 1480 N., Tooele, Utah
53% AMI for Tooele County
The Area Median Income (AMI) limitations are determined based upon county areas and published by the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) annually. CROWN household member’s incomes (combined) cannot exceed the published county limits as specified below:
|Income Cannot Exceed||
- $810 for a 4 bed/2 bath home.
- Utility costs are not included in rent amount. You are responsible for paying your own utilities.
- All homes come with two-car garage, central air and full landscaping.
- Tenant is responsible for typical homeowner maintenance, i.e. mowing lawn, changing furnace filters, etc. $15 of rent goes into a reserve account on behalf of tenant. These funds can be returned to the tenant when tenant leaves, if it is before year 15 and there is no damage to house beyond normal “wear and tear”. This money can be used for a down payment to purchase the house at year 15 or to cover minor maintenance costs during rental period.
- In addition to income limitations, HUD also sets limitations on rents for a given county. Being that the CROWN program is funded with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) funds, the rents are subject to these rent limitations and therefore, rent amounts do not typically increase as often or for as much as a market rent can.
A Selection Committee will use information including but not limited to the following for selecting tenants. This information is considered nonpublic personal information and will only be used to process the application.
- Credit check
- Background check
- Work History
- Housekeeping (home visit)
- H.O. Education class required before entry
Because your home is financed with LIHTC funds, the owner has to follow certain compliance requirements set by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). As such, there will be:
- Annual Leases & Income certification
- Inspections (Uintah Basin Assistance Council and Utah Housing Corporation)
Also, keep in mind the following:
- No business out of your home
- No trampolines
- Lawn care
- General maintenance
- Everyone over age 18 must sign on application (income needs to be counted)
- Application does not guarantee a house (if qualified but not selected, you can be put on a waiting list)
DOWNLOAD THE CROWN LEASE APPLICATION
- Click on this application link.
Return application to:
Tooele County Housing Authority
66 W. Vine Street
Tooele, UT 84074
Phone: (435) 882-7875
If you are selected, you will be given a minimum of 30 days notice before move in date.
- Equal to one month’s rent – must be paid before move in date.
Home Owners Education Class
- Everyone over the age of 18 must complete a Home Owners Education class prior to occupying the home.
- We recommend you get Renters Insurance to cover your personal belongings inside the house in case of any damage.
CROWN helps you Achieve the American Dream of one day owning your home.